A man has been convicted of the possession with intent to supply over two kilos of amphetamines.
Michael Grima, 45, of Coehlo House, was arrested on the 9th November last year during a joint RGP Drug Squad and HM Customs Flexible Anti Smuggling Team.
Grima was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled drug [Amphetamines 2.7 Kg]
- Possession with intent to supply a controlled drug. [Amphetamines 2.7 Kg]
- Importing a controlled drug. [Amphetamines]
- Possession of a controlled drug. [1.4 grams of Cannabis Resin.]
- Importing a controlled drug [1.4 grams of Cannabis Resin.]
Has been remanded in custody and will appear before the Supreme Court for sentencing on 23rd February.
Additionally, Grima has also been convicted and sentenced for various traffic offences. He has been disqualified from driving for a period of 12 months and sentenced to one month imprisonment suspended for six months, and the possession of 2gms of Cannabis Resin, for which he has received no separate penalty.