Three people have now been arrested and charged following yesterday’s RGP Drug Squad operation conducted in the Westside area.
46-year-old Anthony Bernard Casey and 18-year-old Brenden Casey, of Oronsay House, Varyl Begg Estate, and a 17-year-old male juvenile, have been charged as follows:
- Possession & Possession of a Controlled Drug with Intent to Supply (Cocaine 175 grms)
- Possession & Possession of a Controlled Drug with Intent to Supply (Amphetamine Sulphate 20 grms)
- Possession & Possession of a Controlled Drug with Intent to Supply (Cannabis Resin 445 grms)
- Possession of a Controlled Drug (Herbal Cannabis 5 grms)
- Possession of a Firearm (Handgun)
- Possession of Ammunition (5 x 9mm rounds)
The drugs, firearm/ammunition, paraphernalia associated with the supply of drugs, electronic communications equipment and an amount of money suspected to be the proceeds of crime, were seized following searches conducted at Casey’s residence and a garage unit by officers throughout the course of yesterday.
The RGP says that this latest Drugs Squad intervention targeting the supply of illicit drugs illustrates how Gibraltar is not immune to the scourge of drugs, and that the RGP remains determined to continue combating the supply of illicit drugs by combining marine interdiction operations in BGTW, the targeting of drugs suppliers operating within the community through intelligence-led operations and prevention/awareness work in our schools and wider community, alongside local and international partners.
All three persons charged have been bailed out to appear before the Magistrates’ Court at 10:00 on Tuesday 13th March. The approximate street value of the drugs seized during yesterday’s operation is of £11,500.