A 46-year-old Spanish national, Cesar Lopez Sanz, was arrested yesterday evening in a Drug Squad operation.
Lopez Sanz, who was suspected of being involved in the supply of controlled drugs, was stopped by the officers in the area of Buena Vista Road, where he put up a brief struggle before being restrained by the officers.
On being searched he was found in possession of several wrappers of a preparation containing Cocaine, which subsequently gave an approximate weight of 25 grammes and was arrested for being in possession of a controlled drug and intent to supply a controlled drug.
An Inspector’s Authority to search was executed at the residence where he was squatting where approximately a further 10 grammes of a preparation containing Cocaine were seized. During the search a small quantity of Cannabis Resin and forged documents in the form of an Italian ID card and an Italian Driving Licence were also seized. Also found at the residence was realistic looking BB gun, a prohibited weapon under the Firearms Act.
Following further enquires and interview Lopez Sanz has been charged with:
- Possession of control class A drug. [35 grammes Cocaine]
- Intent to supply a control class A drug. [35 grammes Cocaine]
- Possession of a controlled class B drug. [15 grammes Cannabis Resin]
- Being in possession of a prohibited weapon. [BB Gun]
- 2x counts of Possession of a forged or irregular document [Italian ID Card and driving license).
Bail has been refused and he will remain in Police custody until his appearance before the Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning.